We’re all pretty familiar with the Seven Deadly Sins, which are evidently punishable by death at the hand of God or whoever. Now the Vatican has invented seven more sins called “social sins,” and it’s unclear what the punishment is for committing them. Take a look and then think with me:
1. “Bioethical’ violations such as birth control
2. “Morally dubious” experiments such as stem cell research
3. Drug abuse
4. Polluting the environment
5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor
6. Excessive wealth
7. Creating poverty
Okay, so it’s a reason to codify the Church’s political stances against birth control and stem cell research, but number six??? What were they thinking??? The Pope will never make it to heaven now! (Thanks to Laura F. for the tip!)
I LIKE TO USE BIRTH CONTORL JUST TO PISS THE POPE OFF
Well, according to the Boston Globe, the US division of
the Catholic Church had $102 BILLION in revenue in 2001. Could you imagine what
that would be for the whole organization today?
The link is here:
i’m glad i’m not catholic. it’s pretty audacious that the pope and the vatican can think they can re-interrupt the bible and dictate how their followers should behave and act. all catholics (as well as christians) should always be reading their bibles and ask questions and seek out solutions. don’t take what is force-fed as “gospel truth”.
Thats a bit much coming from the Catholic Church…
1. “Bioethical’ violations such as birth control – GET WITH THE TIMES PEOPLE, LOVE IT THEY WOULD RATHER PEOPLE DIE OF AIDS IN AFRICA… CRAZY!
2. “Morally dubious” experiments such as stem cell research – NO DOUBT THE PRIESTS WILL USE THE MEDICINE/PRACTICES WHICH BECOME AVAILABLE FROM THIS RESEARCH WHEN THEY ARE SICK.
4. Polluting the environment – YEP IM SURE THE CHURCH IS REALLY ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, SUPPOSE THEIR HUGE CATHEDRALS ARE VERY COLD AS THEY DONT HAVE HEATING LOL, THERE’S A PLUS FOR THEM.
5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor – LOL COMING FROM AN EXTREMELY WEALTHY CHURCH, PERHAPS THEY COULD SELL SOME OF THEIR “ASSETS” AND DONATE THIS MONEY TO THE POOR, THEY DO HAVE ONE OF THE LARGEST ART COLLECTIONS IN THE WORLD.
6. Excessive wealth – AS ABOVE LOL THE NERVE!!!
7. Creating poverty – THEY HAVE BEEN PRETTY GOOD AT THAT IN THE PAST, WARS AND ALL FOUGHT OVER RELIGION…
The sooner that Religion is ignored the better society will be, rules and laws coming from non elected individuals whom believe in something they cant prove is crazy, why not just believe the spaghetti meatball god thing, it can be proven just as much… Argh they are so annoying!
End of my rant hehehhe
Is this a joke? It’s fucking stupid.
The ‘sins’ are so vague. Polluting is a social sin? Well where does the church draw the line? Driving around in the pope-mobile uses up gas which contributes to pollution.
Drug abuse? I take advil on days I don’t even think I need an advil, is that the same type of drug abuse as a crack whore?
Thank God for atheism.